Squared Circle Terror

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Squared Circle Terror

This is the forum for Squared Circle Terror

Interviewing WildFire

WildFire
    WildFire

Number of posts : 511
    Registration date : 2009-02-13

Interviewing WildFire Empty Interviewing WildFire

Post  WildFire Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:32 am

Charleen : "Hi this is Charleen,and recently I got to sit down with the always private and elusive SCT superstar WildFire. WildFire thanks for coming."

WildFire : "You are welcome."

Charleen : "Ok so what's up with the name WildFire, why do you spell it like you do, what does it mean?"

WildFire : "Well there is a term, that I can't remember, where you combine two seperate words together to cobine seperate symbolism together. Hmm in this case Wild and Fire are actually two seperate concepts combined together. Wild denoting Untamed, undisciplined, unbound while Fire represents Passion and emotion, but also the concept of flame as both as devastating force and also a helpful and protecting thing. In essence WildFire = unbound passion, strength and power combined with abillity to both protect and nuture as well as destroy. But there is also supposed to be in their the idea that you could have all this incredible power, but that it could also be used for good or evil and there is a need to turn it to good ends and to try and control this essentially uncontrollable thing. Also one of the concepts of WildFire is that he is a powerful psychic with multiple psychic powers, including Pyrokinesis, emaphathy and Pycho-portation. In essense you have a character who would need to be in control in order to prevent their Pyrokinesis from becoming overly destructive and out of control, but would constanly be struggling with the burden of projecting and being influenced by other peoples emotions and being constantly fed other peoples negative emotions and absorbing them like a sponge. But ya puting the two words together like they are is supposed to symbolically invoke the whole concept and what WildFire is all about.

Charleen : "You mentioned that your character WildFire supposedly has pyschic powers, is there anything that you share with him in real life?"

WildFire : "Well WildFire has the same responsibillity that I have, in part because of the burden of his powers, but also because we both share a real life power. Both of us heal far faster than regular people. On my profile its says I heal about 6 times faster than normal people, that in fact, is correct. I actually do heal faster than most people, both I and WildFire share the same burden in that we have to be careful not to hurt the people we are wrestling with through our own carelessly. WildFire through his enormous Pyschic powers, and myself through overestimating the durabillity and resilliance of my opponents, it's is easy to forget that the other wrestlers will not heal from a broken kneck like I do. To me a broken kneck is a slight inconvenience that I will heal from fairly fast, to another wrestler it is usually career ending."

Charleen : "And how does this effect what you do inside and outside of the ring."

WildFire : "Well in a very big way, it makes me want to look out for the other guys and to care of them and make sure they don't get unneccessarily hurt. The more we reduce the risks of them getting badly hurt in that ring the better. I mean, wrestlers get hurt, but there are things we can do to minimize the risks."

Charleen : "Such as?"

WildFire : "Well in my opinion, wrestlers are ELITE MACHINES, inorder to do their jobs and perform at such a level they need to maintain themselves in Elite form, body, mind and soul. So as part of my job as VGM it's my job to make sure that those under contract with the SCT maintain a strict physical regime to stay in shape, and to make sure that they are also in the best psychological condition that they can be in, that they are constantly improving their in ring skills and that they are drug and alcohol free. It is a careful balancing act, in which we do our best to insure that our wrestlers are in peak condition in everyway so that they perform at their best minimizing chance of injuring themselves or their fellow wrestlers. A well trained balanced individual also puts on a better performance in the ring so everyone wins all around.
    We have very strict physical and pychological guidelines in the SCT that are maintained at all time, if you don't meet them you don't wrestle, and it's a big part of my job to make sure that they are enforced at all times."

Charleen : "So you decide who can wrestle and who can't?"

WildFire : "Yes."

WildFire : "I am also responsible for making sure that our wrestlers get fair and equitable treatment such as proper health care benefits and insurance, that they get their contractual appearances and such and that in the case of major and prolonged injury they get the proper treatment they require and that they are financially take care of. I am basically the Human Resources Department for the SCT and besides being a wrestler I am the HR Director for the SCT and official SCT rep for the SCT Wrestlers Union."

Charleen : "But aren't you indepently wealthy, I read somewhere that you are personally worth hundreds of millions of dollars, why would you all this?"

WildFire : "Because wrestling is my Family Business, from the time of my Great Grandfather, it has always been so. Right from the days of the Carnivals where wrestling matches were over an hour long, to the days of Calagary Stampede Wrestling and such and all the way to the present day across the different levels and eras of wrestling. It's in my Blood.

============================================================================================================================
    Part II

Charleen : "Hi I am back with WildFire for the next part of my interview, the whole interview took longer then expected, so the interview was broken down into different parts for time constraints.

Charleen : "So how does wrestling affect your personal life, I mean don't you have 4 kids?"

WildFire : "Well I pretty much consider most of the roster a second sort of family, with the Immortals being blood relatives and my kids pretty much feel the same. Infact, we (I mean I and my fellow Immortals) and our families pretty much form an extended family support network, we train together, work together and even get together enmasse for holidays like Christmas and American and Canadian Thanksgiving, sort of like an extended family renuion. My kids consider Soho Sixx their Uncle and treat him accordingly, as well they also consider Blackangels daughter Jasmine their cousin.
    And my brothers help surpervise my Kids occasionally when they are at the show at stuff."

Charleen : "So do they travel with you on the road?"

WildFire : "Only during Summer Vacation and holdiays, otherwise they stay at home in Alberta and live the lives of normal school kids. They do however; attend the live pay per views on the first and last show of each season and will probably be on hand for our anniversary show "Terrorversary."

Charleen : "So how does your ex, Charleey feel about this?"

WildFire : "Charleey isn't a factor, she walked away from our marriage and abandoned her kids without a word either way, she has no say in their lives whatsoever. Either way, she was a long time wrestler, and understood the presures and sacrifices that wrestlers and their families have to make. I love my kids and I want to spend all my time with them, but I also have a responsibillity to 40 or so other wrestlers, and my kids need to have as stable and normal an upbringing as possible while still maintaining the family buisiness and balancing our needs to be a family."

============================================================================================================================
    Part III

Charleen : "So You have been in three different feds , two which made it all the way too Mondial one which failed spectacularily tell me about it."

WildFire : "Well my first fed was the UWF under Hattori Hanzo, I had been wrestling at a professional wrestler for only 4 or 5 months when I got the contract. My first match was against NEWFIE J, and I was pretty green. I had no idea how working in a fed, and I don't even rememeber the results. I didn't understand the politics or nothing. So I joined the fed and brought with me Katsui my cousin who was my tag team partner at the time and started out as a Horseman of the Aplocalypse thing. I basically dressed up in this Tyrael from Diablo type outfit and would walk to the ring to
    Burn in Hell" By Twisted Sister. When I wanted to get crap off my chest and call people out I would take off the elaborate costume and do like a Bitch List kidna of thing. The problem witht the fed is that Hattori Hanzo,seemed to treat it like a hobby, so he never seemed to take it seriously and we dropped alot of shows because he never seemed to complete them for whatever reason. Running a fed is a fulltime job, not a hobby. Anyway I put together the Illuminati storyline for the Fed, since people were leaving the fed in droves because we weren't scheduling shows, in hopes that it would engage our wrestlers and get them active and pushing the fed. I gathered several wrestlers togethe, many of them later joining me in the AWA as the UWF Entity of Death and later the Blood of Brothers and we called ourselves "The Illuminati". So basically The Illuminati did a "Benevolent" hostile takeover of the UWF so to speak in an attempt to fix what was wrong with it and the audience was supposed to see them as bad guys because they didn't realize why they did it. The Defender of the Free World (DFW) opposed them , but were supposed to be misguided underdogs who thought that The Illuminati were evil when they weren't. The problem is that during it I discovered that the storyline was hurting alot of people. Hattori Hanzo was mad because the storyline was openly critical of his failures and gave the Illuminati power they didn't have (even though the real reasons were supposed to be Out of Character or OCC and were just storyline) one of the DFW was offended by WildFire's strongly religious nature (incidently in the Bible the Horsemen of the Apocalyspe did not serve Hell but were an instrument of Heaven) and earlier before he left I got into a heated arguement and series of callouts with a former wrestler with the fed (I personally hate Patriotic flag waving, especially American vs Canadian crap and right from the moment he showed up in the fed I spent the better part of my time trying to nix the idea before it started and expressing my displeasure with the concept). So feeling were hurt, I apologized and explained my point of view and stuff was fixed just before Hattori closed the Fed down. Two things I tooks from my time with the fed :
    1) Never be a Gm unless you have the time and energy to treat it like the job it is.
    2) Respect your opponents and their feelings, it's easy to unitentionally hurt them without meaning to.

AWA : Next came the AWA. The plan was originally to scrap the Illuminati vs DFW idea and split the roster up into two shows that would compete for ratings against eachother; however Hattori Hanzo decided to close the fed. I had received a contract from Gerardo and talked to Hattori wanting to give the Fed one last try, and was informed the Fed was closing. So being one of the originals I quickly looked around the fed and it's roster and not wanting there to be a repeat, I believed that the best way to ensure the success of the Fed, was to bring in people I had worked with and that knew me and how I worked. So I helped reruit as many former UWF wrestlers as I could, including the only one of those wrestlers here with me today, Soho Sixx. Infact, Soho Sixx to the best of my knowledge, several times has turned down lucrative hiogher paying contracts inorder to continue working with myself and other fed members he calls friend.
    We got together with Newfie J and most of the Illuminati and formed the UWF : Entity of Death, which because of copywrite stuff I think was eventually changed to Blood of Brothers and had it membershipo expanded beyond just former members of the UWF. The funny thing is that "Blood of Brothers" was never intended to be the name of the faction it was just the name of the memo I wrote to explain the family concept that was behind creation and phiosophy of the Faction, and that eventually evolved into The Immortals.
    It was during this time, that I became VGM. It started out with me helping the commentators Father Bob and Rock Samson (both were related to me) and helping them with their commentators and then evolved into scripting matches and running ALLSTAR THURSDAY REVOLUTION. When we made a match in the AWA, we wanted to have as close a match as possible, but at the same time we often scripted the endings we wanted and we protected our Champions. In the AWA, a Champion did not lose unless we wanted him to, usually to their sucessor when they were leaving the Fed. Towards the end of the Fed I was running Allstar Thursday Revolution while the other VGM Snake the Destroyer was running the Major show with technical support and help from The Wicker Man. I had complete autonomy, and my philosopy for setting up the shows was to set really good storylines and only use special matches where they were justified in that story. Essentially it was my shows job to set up the stories and Snakes Jobs to finish them in the Big Show. Unfortunently stories are great, but you need good strong speciality matches to get you to the top and we were due to be demoted from Mondial before Gerardo decided to close the fed due to personal problems. All in all it was a pretty good time, in fact AWA was the fastest growing Fed in the game; eventually beat by the SCT. Both reached Modial within their first year but the SCT did it from Regional as opposed tp the next level up. It is interesting to note that AWA was one of the last Feds to ever get double promoted in one season, going up several levels in one season due to high ratings and the closing of several feds, as there is a rule against it now.

SCT : Ok when we were FINALLY sure that the AWA wasn't going to be coming back for another season, the founders if the SCT got together and weighed their options. WE basically discussed where we would go that we could take as many of the AWA roster as we could. Some of the options that were discussed is taking as many as we could to Snake the Destroyer's new fed, or even trying to join X-Force wrestling and doing an Invasion type storyline. Fortunently, The Wicker Man applied for and got a Fed. So the founders got together and voted on what we wanted to do, with a total majority voting to join Wickers new fed. Infact, I was lucky in that every current member of the Blood of Brothers came with us becoming the faction known as the Immortals, with the exception of Easy E, who went MIA and disapeared off the grid. To this day I still wish I knew what happened to him and miss him a little.

And this is where we are, 3 feds, 2 of them Mondial and alot of memories. Alot of people come and gone over 2 years + of history. Alot of mistakes and still more to come. But alot of really good times that I wouldn't trade for anything .
    It's been one Hell of a Ride.

WildFire

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 5:31 am